Sunday, August 12, 2007

My flower fancy

My mother-in-law was recently in town visiting from Ohio. Since this was now the 4th time she has been to Oregon, there wasn't a lot more she wanted to see or do, but just relax and visit. One thing we did was to visit Swan Island Dahlias in Canby. I am a huge fan of dahlias. Besides the fact they were the prominent flowers at my wedding, I really appreciate the variety they offer, in height, color, bloom shape...and they are so hardy, even a lazy gardener can't kill them.


The fields were in full bloom, and it was an incredibly beautiful day. Here were some of my favorites from the fields. I hope to order at least some of these this fall.



2 comments:

Amy said...

So pretty.

Some of my faves are Cafe Au Lait (a champagne colored dinnerplate) and Rip City -- wine colored.

Good to see you! Next time let's have some sangria -- I have quart jars.

:) Amy

penguindevil said...

Such pretty pictures!

I especially like Elijah+Mason!