Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer Music Meme

Thanks, Notorious Ph.D for another opportunity for a non-house/garden-related post (and also: happy birthday!)
The following list is my "what music is shaping your summer, right now?" meme. The instructions are as follows:
  • List seven songs you are into right now.
  • No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your summer.
  • Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs.
  • Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.
(The last one is irrelevant, because I only know 4 or 5 people who read my blog.)

  • She Left Me For Jesus--Hayes Carll (I just saw him open for Old 97s last week, and was very impressed. If you're not into traditional or alt-country, or any country for that matter, you'd best stay away. Clever lyrics, though.)
  • Rabbit Fur Coat--Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
  • Tree Hugger--Kimya Dawson/Antsy Pants
  • Barrier Reef--Old 97s
  • No Hiding Place--Elvis Costello
  • Baby Let Me Hold your Hand--Detroit Cobras
  • Pot Kettle Black--Wilco

There are a ton of other songs, since I drive about an hour a day for work...windows down, stereo turned up, chugging down the road in my 12 year-old Mazda...yeah. I'm a bad-ass. But at least I have awesome shades.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY GAL!!!

WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU LAST WEEK AT SEVEN CORNERS!!!

I HAVE A HUGE FAVOR TO ASK YOU, I'M DOING A 100 MILE BICYCLE RIDE THIS SUNDAY FOR THE LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION (LIVESTRONG) AND AM RAISING $$$! I WOULD MAYBE KISS YOUR FEET IF YOU DONATED! I AM $95 AWAY FROM MY GOAL OF A $100! CHECK THE LINK OUT!

http://portland08.livestrong.org/lisareeve

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

LIS XOXOX

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH HILARY FOR YOU KIND SUPPORT!!! I WILL CYCLE MY LITTLE ASS OFF FOR YOU... I PROMISE ;)

THANKS AGAIN, YOUR GREAT!

LIS XOXOX