Sunday, June 03, 2007

See how lazy I am?...

I haven't really even blogged much at all about gardening. But blogging about my neighbors is almost in the same vein, right?

In my previous post about how precious some of my neighbors are, I mentioned a neighbor (he lives behind us) who smokes and hacks (dubbed "Lung Butter", and I can't take credit for that name. But it fits.) and is only
one of the neighbors who leaves his dogs out all the time to bark. Lung Butter is the main reason we built a taller fence, because we found we couldnt go out into our backyard without him talking to us. And in the pre-taller-fence days, The Husband inadvertantly saw a swingers-style party in their house, which involved cocaine (or another insufflated drug) and mustache rides (no word on what he was charging for those.) The guy, I feel a little sorry for him, has been unemployed and spends his days drinking and smoking pot. We recently found out, too, that his family moved out. So now his days are spent also playing his electric guitar in his back yard.

Over the course of the past month or so, as we have been out working in the yard more, we get the pleasure of hearing Lung Butter play his electric guitar. He actually isn't half bad, but his playing consists
only of the main guitar riffs of classic rock songs: Stairway to Heaven, Smoke on the Water, Iron Man are the ones I recognise. Yesterday morning as The Husband and I were getting ready to go to the farmer's market, Lung Butter came walking by our house and asked if we had a CD player in our car, because he had a copy of his band's CD he wanted to give us to listen to. Husband lied and said we didn't, but then later regretted it, as it may have been good for a few laughs.

This morning, Sunday at 8:00, I took the dogs into the back yard, and LB was already up and playing his riffs. I imagined it to be almost like Jimi Hendrix playing the "Star Spangled Banner" that morning at Woodstock. It could be historical, and here I am mocking it. Shame on me.

No comments: