Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunshine Came Softly

It must be spring here on the peninsula...


These are some of the prettiest tulips I've ever seen...


The scent of the narcissus are so intoxicating, I can't cut them and bring them in the house. They're too overwhelming!


I don't really like to eat chives, but I think the plant is so pretty.




I wish I could say this is the lone dandelion in our yard.



Oh, yes. And chickens. 6 cute little peepers who live in a galvanized watering trough in our spare bedroom, with nothing but a heat lamp, food, water, and attention from us twice a day. What a life.

Cal has been busy building a coop, because he's good like that. No real building plans, just an amalgamation of coop plans he's seen, combined with his intuition, intelligence, and focus. It's almost done, and once they get their big-girl feathers, in about another 4-6 weeks, they will get to live outside for good, eating grubs, ants, and vegetable scraps.













And most likely boss the dogs around.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Great photos!!